Black History Unit Study
Unit study topics:
- Black inventors (i.e. Louis Latimer)
- Black performers
- Black pilots (i.e. Bessie Coleman, Tuskegee Airmen)
- Black pioneers
- Black scientists (i.e. Percy Julian and Earnest Just)
Unit Study Checklist
- Use your kid’s interests
- Use hands-on games, toys, and lessons
- Use interactive notebooks (found here)
- Make everything fun
- Include an art project
- Make it age appropriate
Partner Unit Study Resources
Bevy and Dave
Bevy and Dave is a Pre-K-3 resource company for Black history toys. Go to bevyanddave.com for more info. CAO paid members will get a discount.
TigerKubz is a complete preschool curriculum in a box based on the Charlotte Mason learning style. Go to tigerkubz.com for more.
Learn Math Fast
Learn Math Fast is an all-in-one math curriculum for all ages. It is great for unit studies because you can take individual lessons from the book and teach multiple students.